Sunday brunch doesn’t get much better than this! These banana protein pancakes are so quick to make, packed with goodness and score high on the treat scale.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: around 3 minutes per pancake
Makes: 6 small pancakes (serves 2)
- 70g ground almond flour
- 30g Doves farm gluten free white self raising flour blend
- 20g Pulsin’ Whey Protein Isolate
- 2 small organic ripe bananas – peeled and mushed up
- 2 free range eggs – beaten
- 2 tbsp. almond milk or Jersey milk (add in extra if needed)
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. Kerrygold butter melted – use pastry brush to wet the frying pan
Place both flours and whey protein in a large bowl, add in all other ingredients and whisk until smooth and combined. It should be the consistency of a thick but movable batter, if too thick add a little more milk but don’t make it runny.
Brush your frying pan with butter and cook on a medium heat until both sides are golden brown. Serve with 1 tbsp. Total Greek yogurt, 1 tbs maple syrup and some fresh berries.
PPS, if it’s a special occasion breakfast then you can throw in 1/2 cup good quality dark chocolate chips too.